The Fresh Market appreciates that each one of our employees has a unique lifestyle, and consequently, specific benefits needs. That's why we provide a variety of options that allow you to choose the coverage that makes sense for you and/or your family.
After 60 days of continuous employment, full-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week become eligible for our full time benefit plans. We are also happy to offer benefits to your spouse or domestic partner and dependent children under age 26.
Here is a brief overview of the plans and programs available to you when you join
The Fresh Market:
Health & Well-Being
- Cigna Medical Plans
-Prescription Drugs & Mail Order Program through Cigna
- Cigna Dental Benefits Plan
- Cigna Vision Benefits Plan
- Confidential Employee Assistance Plan
We believe that healthcare is a shared responsibility and encourage our employees to make healthy lifestyle choices through wellness initiatives, including discounts and free resources provided through Cigna.
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Optional Personal Accident Insurance
- Company-Matching 401(k) Plan
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount on most items at The Fresh Market
- Holiday Bonus (for eligible employees)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Direct Deposit
Time Off Programs (eligibility standards apply)
- Paid Annual Leave (PAL) – Sick Days, Personal Days & Vacations
(based on time with The Fresh Market)
- Purchased PAL- buy up to 40 additional hours of PAL
- Paid Bereavement Leave (3 paid days, plus additional 4 unpaid)
- Unpaid Personal Medical Leave (6 weeks for an employee's own serious health condition)
- Unpaid Family or Medical Leave (12 weeks for an employee's or certain family members' serious health condition; 26 weeks to care for a covered military service member)
- Personal Leave (maximum of 30 days, minimum of 7, for serious and urgent matters that are not covered by the above programs, or when the above program’s eligibility has been exhausted)
"I started at The Fresh Market because I needed a job and my skill set matched the requirements. I still work here over 3 years later because I believe not only do I make a difference in people's lives each day, The Fresh Market does as well. Today working at The Fresh Market is a career choice and not simply a job. We strive to offer competitive benefits to meet the needs of our employees and their families. It's my job to ensure the employee benefit experience is a positive one. My goal is to take the complex world of benefits and simplify it in a way employees can understand, relate, and apply it to their personal needs."
- Katie M.
3 years experience