As an Assistant Store Manager with The Fresh Market you will hold one of the most critical positions in our company. The Fresh Market is dedicated to providing our customers and employees with a truly unique environment that fosters genuine camaraderie and a heartfelt sense of belonging. Our environment is made possible by the passionate professional individuals we select for our Assistant Store Managers. The Assistant Store Manager will act as ambassador of the store for both our customers and employees while demonstrating excellent people skills and a true passion for food. The Assistant Store Manager will lead 70-100 store employees while being responsible for interviewing, selection, retention, supervision, and development, evaluation of employees and for sales, gross margins, labor and profits. The Assistant Store Manager will have an opportunity to grow through performance and merit. At The Fresh Market, we are passionate about food, and we are also passionate about the growth and development of our employees. The Assistant Store Manager will experience the opportunity to grow through promotion within the first two years of employment up to and including multi-store responsibility. At The Fresh Market 100% of all Store Management is promoted within the company. We have a solid growth plan and our Assistant Store Managers make that possible through dedication and a high level of integrity.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations, or the work environment changes.
• Demonstrate and direct the Store Team to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
• Train, develop, counsel, mentor and motivate all employees in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turnover.
• Maximize productivity and efficiency through accurate and timely scheduling following all work rules.
• Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit.
• Work with the Store Team to ensure the highest quality products and service is available.
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach, mentor, and develop Assistant Store Managers and Department Managers ensuring their ability to rapidly advance and gain knowledge of the Fresh Market.
• Demonstrated ability to work with computers and computer based programs, to include but not limited to, ordering, sign creation, inventory and email communication.
• Implement and maintain regular sampling in the Store.
• Forecast and maintain store staff by collaborating with Talent Acquisition and Training in the sourcing, selecting, orienting, and on-boarding employees.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the store through utilizing programs, assigning tasks and following up on the store cleaning schedule.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize store operations through the use of delegation skills.
• Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation.
• Offer daily feedback to the employees of the store, successes and areas of opportunity.
• Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of the Store Team morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
• Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
• Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees and customers on products.
• Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
•Demonstrate the ability to quickly identify skill gaps and develop action plans for Assistant Store Managers and Department Managers.
The Fresh Market requires previous restaurant, hospitality, or retail general management experience including, but not limited to interviewing, selection, retention, supervision, development, evaluation of employees, and responsibility for sales, gross margins, labor and profits. Previous direct management responsibility of 20 plus employees is required The ideal candidate must have demonstrated excellent communication and leadership skills and possess basic math skills for ordering and inventory. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency, organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. The ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store is required. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions within The Fresh Market.
Physical Capabilities / Job Demands
• Continuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
• Carry 0-10 lbs.
• Repetitive use of hands
• Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
• Lift 0-10 lbs.
• Bend and Reach
• Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
• Lift 11-Over 50 lbs.
• Carry 11-20 lbs.
• Push and Pull
• Squat, Climb and Balance
• Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company’s attendance and punctuality requirements
• The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
• Minimum age for employment is 18
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this Job Description is expressly declared to be "at will," meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this "at will" employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.