Midlothian, VA 23112
As a key member of the Grocery department, the Grocery Clerk assists our customers in choosing high quality and unique grocery products, and other various specialty grocery items, including convenient meal solutions. Grocery Clerks work in a fast paced, multitasked environment. Primary job duties include merchandising, stocking, rotating product, cleaning, and answering customer questions about products and services offered.
· Stocking a variety of the department's specialty grocery products throughout the day and answer specific customer questions; maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter.
· Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently. Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, and breaking products.
· Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when filling items are running below acceptable levels.
· Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Proper cleaning includes washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks daily. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net.
· Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
· Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
· Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
· Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to
· Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
· Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics
· Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
· Perform other duties and assignments as directed
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must be at least 18 years of age
What you bring to the job:
Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.