Midlothian, VA 23112
At The Fresh Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Fresh Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled. The position covered by this is expressly declared to be 'at will,' meaning the Company has the right to terminate the incumbent's employment at any time, with or without cause. Any written or oral promises or representations to the contrary are expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any employee. Any change to this 'at will' employment status must be in writing and signed by the company designated personnel.
· Handling a variety of the department's specialty breads and pastries throughout the day per specific customer requests and to maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding customer service at the counter. Sampling product as needed.
· Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed to ensure the highest quality products and supplies are available to complete tasks efficiently. Follow approved procedures for packaging, rotating, and slicing.
· Unloading and breaking down deliveries as needed; stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintaining proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when replenishing stock levels.
· Follow and utilize the planograms, layouts, and schematics of the department as well as duties and assignments as directed by management.
· Quality and safety duties include inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of product. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat, hair net, and beard guard.
· Addressing and greeting customers; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests.
· Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences.
· Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring strict adherence to TFM guidelines.
· Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must.
· Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics.
· Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and work across departments to provide and assist customers in finding complete meal solutions.
· Oral and written communication skills that allow for productive communication with co-workers, management and customers.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
What you bring to the job:
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities