· Directs and manages all functions and activities of the Seafood Department. Helps to manage labor costs and reduce losses due to shrink, damage and pilferage.
· Assists with the training and development of all Meat/Seafood Clerks.
· Handling and cutting a variety of the department’s specialty seafood items throughout the day per customer requests and to maintain quality product levels.
· Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the department; ensuring cases are well-merchandised and properly signed.
· Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, and breaking down meat and seafood products.
· Managing the inventory and ordering; enforces and follows department practices regarding the receiving, stocking and unloading of product to ensure freshness and quality.
· Stocking cases and coolers with products; Maintaining proper product assortment and following rotation standards when filling items are running below acceptable levels.
· Physically making meat and seafood items according to TFM written recipes and processes for preparing, assembling, and mixing fresh ingredients. Preparation includes a variety of steps that may include: marinating, seasoning, cutting, chopping, slicing, and mixing meats, produce, and other food products together as indicated within TFM recipes.
· Monitors temperature of cases, shelves and storage areas and reports any failures to the Department Manager. Follows maintenance and sanitation procedures established by TFM for coolers and freezers; reports problems to Department Manager.
· Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports. Prep area cleaning includes taking apart, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, prep-tables, pans, and utensils, and washing floors, walls, coolers, and storage racks. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
· Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Department Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net, beard guard, non-slip shoes and cutting glove.
· Maintains knowledge of weekly ad items; gives customers direction of product location throughout the store.
· Maintains excellent communication within the department at all times.
· Assist with on-the-job training efforts in the department.